Effective date for updated policy: 1st July 2018
At My Health Africa, we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take great care with your personal information. This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This should be read together with our Terms and Conditions, which together apply to your use of the My Health Africa website, the My Health Africa Booking Platform and the My health Africa Medical Practice Management System as well as any other services offered by My Health Africa.
2. Information MHA Collects
Some of the Services MHA offers require us to learn more about you so that we can best meet your needs.
2.1 Personal Information MHA Collect Directly From You
We receive Personal Information directly from you when you voluntarily provide us with such Personal Information, including, without limitation, the following:
(1) contact data (such as your e-mail address and phone number);
(2) demographic data (such as your country, gender or your date of birth);
(3) insurance data (such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan and/or member ID);
(4) medical data (such as the doctors, dentists or other healthcare specialists, providers, organizations or affiliates thereof (collectively, “Healthcare Providers”) you have visited and health information you choose to share with us); and
(5) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including, without limitation, unique identifiers such as ID’s and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us.
We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but some features of the Services that require your Personal Information, such as booking doctors’ appointments, will not be accessible to you.
2.2 Online and Offline Payment Processing Information
2.3 Information from Third-Party Sources
2.4 Information MHA Automatically Collects When You Use The Services
Some information, which may include Personal Information, is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as traffic data. We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”).
3. How MHA Collects Information
MHA collects information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Healthcare Providers and searching for available appointments with Healthcare Providers prior to Healthcare Provider appointments;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services;
- If you use a location-enabled browser or download our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
- Through cookies, analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
4. Tracking Tools, Behavioural Advertising, and Opt Out Options
4.1. Tracking Tools
We may use tools outlined below in order to provide our Services to, advertise to, and to better understand users.
Web Analytics Services: We may use third-party analytics services in connection with our Services, including, for example, to collect your country where you are logging on, IP address, time spent on the Website or mobile applications, pages visited and other user information.
4.2. Behavioural Advertising
We may use online behavioural advertising. Some of our partners use Tracking Tools, such as cookies, pixel tags, and other means, to collect information about a user’s online activities to display MHA ads to the user based on the user’s interests. Other Tracking Tools used by our partners may collect information when you use the Services, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, browser, web page interactions, geographic location and demographic information, such as gender and age range. These Tracking Tools help MHA learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviours to allow us to provide relevant information based on the users’ behaviours.
4.3. Options for Opting out
Some web browsers allow you to reject cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept MHA’s cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services.
5. How MHA Uses Your Information
We may use information that is not Personal Information to better understand who uses My Health Africa and how we can deliver a better healthcare experience, as well as what type of educational information is important to our users.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display MHA ads on other web services). Specifically, such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Services, which may include sending customized messages or showing you Sponsored Results;
- Notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- Sending you information about MHA products or Services;
- Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- Showing you advertisements, including online behavioural advertising;
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Resolving disputes;
- Protecting against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
6. How MHA May Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may share certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
Healthcare Providers: We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services.
We will never sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your Personal Information with our partners to customize or display our advertising.
We may share your Personal Information and/or Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and do so via our partners) to determine eligibility or otherwise obtain benefit plans and other insurance-related information on your behalf.
Public Information and Submissions: You agree that any information that you may reveal in a review posting, online discussion or forum is intended for the public and is not in any way private. Carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public posting or forum. Your submissions may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
Protection of MHA and Others: We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfil our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, MHA or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
7. Storage and Security of Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavour to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We store and process your information on our servers in Kenya, the United Kingdom and abroad. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third-party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavour to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date which can be updated at anytime in your account profile.
8. What Choices Do You Have When Using The Service
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
If you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify certain Personal Information or account information by logging in and accessing your account. The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change.
If you wish to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. MHA will use reasonable efforts to promptly delete your account and the related information. Please note, however, that MHA reserves the right to retain information from closed accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
You must promptly notify us if any of your account data is lost, stolen or used without permission.
9. How Long MHA Retains Your Information
We retain Personal Information about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases, we retain Personal Information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, prevent fraud, enforce the Agreement, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
10. Information Provided on Behalf of Minors and Others
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Services on behalf of such minor. Any information that you provide us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
If you use the Services on behalf of another person, regardless of age, you agree that MHA may contact you for any communication made in connection with providing the Services or any legally required communications. You further agree to forward or share any such communication with any person on behalf of whom you are using the Services.
11. Other Web Services
13. Healthcare Service Providers and Their Obligations
MHA will share basic Personal Information on the user with the Healthcare Providers who you elect to visit for an appointment through the Service. This ensures that an appointment can be booked at your preferred time and date. These Healthcare Service Providers may need to collect additional Personal Information from you to build a medical history while carrying out their duties.
The Healthcare Provider is required to obtain consent from the patient in person during their initial consultation, to allow the Healthcare Provider to collect and store Personal Information, Medical History and other Information as needed, on the patient. The Healthcare Provider will not share this information with us or anyone else without the prior approval of the patient. MHA is in no way responsible for obtaining this approval for the Healthcare Provider and is in no way liable for any data collected by the Healthcare Provider.
14. Contact Us
My Health Africa Group Limited
The Mirage, 1st Floor, Waiyaki Way, Westlands
Phone: (+254) 741 991 565